Case Study 2
WORKBUDDY DELIVERS END-TO-END WORKFLOW SOLUTION
Morgan’s IGA operates a number of IGA Supermarkets throughout north-west Melbourne. Rostering and timesheet management is managed at the store level, while reporting and payroll is processed in a central head-office location. Some of the existing stores were using a legacy T&A application, while new stores required an entirely new solution. WorkBuddy was invited to develop a solution which would address the specific requirements in a retail environment.
Morgan’s IGA own and operate five Supa IGA Supermarkets. Supa IGA’s are the largest and busiest supermarkets in the IGA group, a conglomeration of independent supermarkets operating under the IGA banner. Morgan’s employee in excess of 400 casual, part-time and fulltime employers and services tens of thousands of residents in their respective communities.
Morgan’s IGA approached WorkBuddy to implement a solution which would deliver solutions designed specifically for a retail supermarket environment. Current practices required each IGA store manager to be responsible for managing their own rosters and timesheets. Morgan’s head-office would then process the payroll for all employees on a weekly basis. Some of the Morgan’s supermarkets were already using a legacy Time & Attendance solution and existing time collection hardware.
When Morgan’s approached WorkBuddy they were about to open their fifth supermarket, and with future growth plans, Morgan’s management realised a reevaluation of existing employee management processes was required.
The primary problems which WorkBuddy was required to address included:
- The existing T&A software was no longer supported and, whilst leading edge in it’s day, was beginning to show it’s age.
- The existing solution was store specific and required information to be sent manually to head-office for processing.
- All reporting was managed outside of the application, meaning data was exported to excel before collating and generating the required reports.
Morgan’s needed a solution which would:
- Integrate with their existing time collection hardware.
- Allow rostering and forecasting across multiple departments.
- Provide accurate forecast and actual wage costs.
- Deliver real-time and instant reports.
WorkBuddy was able to implement a solution which not only addressed the specific requirements of Morgan’s, but was able to deliver additional benefits through the utilisation of Internet, Email and SMS technologies.
The WorkBuddy Morgan’s solution allowed:
- Rosters to be automatically created across multiple departments.
- Optimised rosters based on State Awards and Workplace Agreement requirements.
- Differing user-access for employees, department managers, stores managers and Morgan’s management.
- Automated generation of employee timesheets, displaying exceptions, rostered, actual and paid times.
- Automatic calculation of employee awards.
- Direct export of employee timecards into payroll.
Through the delivery of the WorkBuddy workforce management solution, Morgan’s has been able to streamline the employee management process across all Morgan’s sites.
Specific benefits include:
- A significant reduction in management time spent creating weekly rosters.
- Accurate costing of future and past rosters.
- Instant processing of employee timecards.
- Real-time reporting across multiple departments and locations.
“WorkBuddy has allowed us to streamline our employee management process in a way which is easy for store managers and employees to access and use. Store managers are able to view and adjust their rosters according to salary budgets and can then view the actual costs of a shift once the shift has ended. The time required to process employee paysheets each week has been significantly simplified and now takes a few minutes each week, instead of the several hours required before using WorkBuddy.”
Simone Palise - Payroll Manager
When developing a solution for Morgan’s IGA, WorkBuddy was able to utilise existing infrastructure, while delivering a new web-based solution which was able provide significant and measurable cost and time savings across the Morgan’s stores. WorkBuddy has continued to enhance the Morgan’s IGA solution and has since installed the Morgan’s IGA solution in several other IGA supermarkets.
Click here to download this Case Study
IGA Case Study