Case Study 1
Australian Concert and Event Security
WORKBUDDY AUTOMATES THE SECURITY INDUSTRY
Australian Concert & Event Security (“ACES”) provides a range of security services to high-profile Venue and Events across New South Wales. Managing close to 1,000 casual, part-time, fulltime and contractor employees, ACES was spending several days per week in the rostering and timesheet management of employees across dozens of events every week. WorkBuddy was invited to develop a solution which would address the specific requirements in a security environment.
ACES is one of the premier Security companies in Sydney, specializing in crowd management and security services at concerts and licensed venues. Key ACES clients include the Sydney SuperDome, Eastern Creek Raceway, The Rocks Precinct, Sydney Olympic Park and Fox Studios. Providing both Venue Security and Event Security, ACES has prided itself on delivering commitment and excellence to all their clients.
ACES approached WorkBuddy to implement a solution which would deliver solutions designed specifically for a Security environment. Current practices required a dedicated roster manager to work fulltime on the placement and management of weekly rosters. Several hundred shifts needed to be communicated and confirmed to employees each week, ensuring relevant and skilled employees filled the required shifts. Paper-based timesheets were managed at each venue before being faxed to head-office for payroll processing.
ACES was spending considerable time and money on the management of a highly flexible and regulated employee workforce. With the number of events and venues under management continuing to grow, ACES required a solution which could solve the existing issues, while allowing the flexibility to accommodate the continued expansion of ACES.
The primary problems which WorkBuddy was required to address included:
- The management of dozens of event rosters and venues rosters.
- Communicating and confirming several hundred shifts per week.
- Managing employee license requirements, including First Aid, Security and other required licenses.
- Multiple timesheets, task coding and job coding for each event and venue.
ACES needed a solution which would:
- Allow the creation and ongoing adjustment of complex rosters.
- Communication and confirmation of shifts to employee mobile-phone via SMS.
- Allow event and venue managers to view and approve timesheets.
- Integration into existing payroll, including Job Codes and Employee Cost Codes.
WorkBuddy was able to implement a solution which not only addressed the specific requirements of ACES, but was able to deliver additional benefits through the utilisation of Internet, Email and SMS technologies.
The WorkBuddy ACES solution allowed:
- Rosters to be automatically generated for each Venue, Event and Events held at Venues.
- Optimised rosters based on specific employee working conditions.
- Adherence to legal requirements to ensure sufficiently qualified employees work specific shifts.
- All upcoming shifts, including Job Notes and Uniform Requirements to be emailed and sent as text-messages to employees.
- Web-based timesheets to be created for each Event, including task coding and other required information.
- Timesheets to be exported for both payroll and accounts processing.
Through the delivery of the WorkBuddy workforce management solution, ACES has been able to streamline the creation and communication of jobs to all employee.
Specific benefits include:
- A significant reduction in management time spent creating weekly rosters.
- Instant communication and confirmation of shifts to all employees.
- Management of both ACES employees and sub-contractor employees.
- 24/7 access of rosters and timesheets by individual venue and event managers.
“WorkBuddy has delivered us a solution which allows us to manage our event rosters with relative ease. Our managers are now able to spend their time on more important activities than creating and communicating our weekly rosters. Our venue and event managers are able to create and edit rosters weeks in advance, and the specific security features of WorkBuddy ensure we are always compliant with our legal requirements. The ongoing enhancements which WorkBuddy have developed will allow us to further consolidate our management processes.”
Leni Ison - General Manager
When developing a solution for ACES, WorkBuddy was able to utilise current technologies, such as Email and SMS to deliver a solution which allowed the automated communication of shifts to employees. The online solution allows the delivery of rosters and timesheets to managers across multiple locations who require timely information twenty-four hours a day seven days a week.
Click here to download this Case Study
ACES Case Study